MALDIVES VISA – Entry into the Maldives
Visitors entering the Republic of Maldives should fulfill the following requirement for the grant of an entry permit into the country.
- Possession of a valid international travel document issued by the Government of a Sovereign State.
- Possession of a valid return air ticket to a destination where the passenger has permission to enter, together with necessary visas for the onward journey to the next destination.
- Possession of minimum of US$30.00 per person per day or confirmed hotel reservation for the intended period of stay in the Maldives (see below for exemptions)
Following are exempted from this requirement.
- UN Personnel
- Approved persons for employment
- Technical and other experts attached to the Government
- Those who have confirm bookings in registered tourist resort/hotels etc.
- Those sponsored by Maldivians
No prior visa is required to enter the Republic of Maldives. Entry permit will be granted to visitors on arrival at designated ports of entry, based on the immigration requirements.
Free 30 days Visa upon arrival for all visitors.